Penguins HQ

Forum is now closed! Thanks for the awesome years. For more info, check out the Global topics Future of the Forum and the Accounts Masterlist!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
BANANA! Peace out! BANANA!
Share | 

Private and the Winky Factory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SJF_Penguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Private and the Winky Factory   Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:22 am

Nickelodeon's online schedule has this title listed for today, April 18, at 5:30 p.m. TV Guide still lists "The Otter Woman," so it's currently a tossup as to which episode will air this evening.

Regardless, "Private and the Winky Factory" looks like fun. While it says nothing about any "golden tickets," Nick.com has the following description posted for the episode: "Private's favorite treat, the Peanut Butter Winky, is going the way of the dinosaur. Distraught that the snack cake is ceasing production, Private urges a raid on the Winky Factory where the last remaining Winkies are rolling off the production line. Impressed by Private's passion, Skipper gives him command of the mission! The young penguin learns there's a heck of a lot to digest when leading a team."

Though I know that it is only a coincidence, this episode almost seems ripped from the headlines. Hostess, the manufacturer of Twinkies, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000595/GrandOldPenguin
jiggles45
Penguin Soldier
Penguin Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Does "going the way of the dinosaur" mean "discontinued"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SJF_Penguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:40 am

jiggles45 wrote:
Does "going the way of the dinosaur" mean "discontinued"?
Yes. Think of it like the Winkies are going extinct.
Back to top Go down
Ares1701
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 pm

According to the copyright website, this episode is paired with KING ME (production wise). Should we join the threads?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://madagascar.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Deb1701
jiggles45
Penguin Soldier
Penguin Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:20 am

Skipper allows Private to lead a raid on the Winky factory for the last of the soon-to-be-discontinued Peanut Butter Winkies, with disastrous results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ikslawok

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 am

Uh, hey, yeah we know.

SJF_Penguin wrote:
"Private's favorite treat, the Peanut Butter Winky, is going the way of
the dinosaur. Distraught that the snack cake is ceasing production,
Private urges a raid on the Winky Factory where the last remaining
Winkies are rolling off the production line. Impressed by Private's
passion, Skipper gives him command of the mission! The young penguin
learns there's a heck of a lot to digest when leading a team."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agate-the-poet
Recruit Mort
Recruit Mort

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:37 am

Anyone knows if it´s already up or when it´s going to air?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3426710/TheSkySpritsTalentShow
XODraco32
Private First Class
Private First Class

Location: No one can know where we are at all times. Not even us.

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 pm

According to wiki this episode is to air on the 29th July.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asmith137
Recruit Mort
Recruit Mort

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:47 am

I'm in the mood for speculation, so I will begin my speculating. Will contain spoilers, FYI.

The episode was entertaining to say the least. I enjoyed it, especially with seeing Private go 'bonkers' for those last penut butter winkies. They will be missed...But it was also fun to see Rico go crazy for those marsh meow meows and Skipper's take on how Private acts in the group. Yep, accent was spot on. XP

Gotta feel bad for Kowalski though. He just couldn't catch a break, could he? Think that's a record for how many times he has gotten injuried in one episode. Anyone agree? Think he got hurt at least seven times, granted, there may be more. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed one. Seriously though, guy had a rough time in that factory.

Private gets the time to shine with being a leader in this mission. Honestly, I thought he would have done better. It probably would've gone more smoothly if Rico and Kowalski hadn't kept fouling it up for them, more on Rico's part then Kowalski's, who was a victim! Rico's still my favorite penguin though. ;)

It might just be me but I think they might've taken some kind of risk with having Rico swallow up Kowalski, only to regurgitate him back up again. I know lots of people that prefer to avoid that kind of stuff, one being myself. Sure, Savio has swallowed them up and even regurgitated them before but it's kind of different when Rico did it. That was really my only problem with the episode.

Otherwise, I liked it. Simply stated really. So yeah, speculation done. Continue on with your lives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
megeriffic
Recruit Mort
Recruit Mort

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 am

I really loved this episode - It was HILARIOUS!

I agree with Asmith137 that Kowalski couldn't catch a break. I originally tried to list everything that happened to him, but there was so much I couldn't remember it all!

The real moral of this story: Don't get addicted to candy...? Shocked Monkey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SJF_Penguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 am

So marshmallow kittens make Rico even more psychotic than usual. I hope no one ever gives him Peeps for Easter.

As for when Rico swallowed Kowalski, perhaps this was when Rico "tasted" penguin, as he had indicated in "Operation: Antarctica."
Back to top Go down
Asmith137
Recruit Mort
Recruit Mort

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

SJF_Penguin wrote:
So marshmallow kittens make Rico even more psychotic than usual. I hope no one ever gives him Peeps for Easter.

As for when Rico swallowed Kowalski, perhaps this was when Rico "tasted" penguin, as he had indicated in "Operation: Antarctica."

I had thought instantly of those easter peeps when I saw those 'marsh meow meows'. I do personally like how the show does alter such things, like the Lunacorns to those My Little Pony stuff. No one is to give Rico marshmallows or anything of the sort...if they value their life and sanity that is.

I considered the possibilty that this was when Rico tasted penguin but I'm presuming this is in the future rather then prior to the episode 'Operation: Antarctica'. It could very well be the second time, or more if he had tasted penguin more than just once before that episode. If it did occur during this, then I assume my PoM timeline is jacked up as well. -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NYCskipper
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Private and the Winky Factory   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:11 am

^Ditto.
I'll also give this episode a little review.
Honestly, Rico acts towards marshmallows like I act towards sherbet ice cream. I'm serious. I agree with Kowalski; if I was in there... Well, "the things I've seen..." would be the best first words.
I wonder why Kowalski seems like a sort of magnet for all kinds of injuries. In these recent episodes alone he has been electrocuted, burnt (at least twice), broken limbs, etc, and now he's eaten by Rico. Guess that's what you get for being a genius. No offense.
Private can actually be a good leader, but he can't handle it if everyone isn't focused like he is, from what I observed. It can get hard to lead if nobody's concentrating on the mission...
I don't have anything against random, but how Kowalski and Rico suddenly appeared in hula girl outfits I don't want to know...

Yeah, that's all I have for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Private and the Winky Factory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Penguins HQ :: General PoM Area :: Episode Discussions-